last year, when i was just a young 28 year old, i made a list,
of 30 things i wanted to do before i turned 30.
it felt like i had a lot of time.
plenty of time.
now another year is gone
and my list is still long.
let's take a look:
1. visit another country - preferably australia or new zealand, but i won't be picky
2. do the splits
finish my basement and master bedroom
4. read 100 new books **
5. start a garden
6. run five 5Ks **
7. take 'fuck' out of my everyday language
find a new job
9. keep a gratitude journal
remember to compliment my husband
11. learn how to play the guitar
12. start a hat collection - and wear them
learn how to curl my hair - beside how i did in the 5th grade
14. secretly save $1200 for a gift for ronnie
train my babies - they really shouldn't be having accidents anymore
16. make dinner four nights a week
17. go to church regularly
18. let go of my grudges
19. be romantic
20. give up television one night a week
21. wear the lipstick i buy
22. find my inspiration
23. buy land or a new house
25. see bob seger in concert
26. learn how to make a pie from scratch
share my blog
28. learn a new word a week
29. always be truthful - even when it's hard **
30. make a decision about having a kid
seven out of thirty.
i should technically be half way done.
i better get on this.
but nonetheless, i celebrated my big 29th anyway.
first with some friends.
and then with my family
and finally with ronnie
my birthday card was very weird
and mildly inappropriate.
so here we go,
start the count down
i have 365 days left in my 20's.