ronnie and i are refinancing our house.
when we bought it four years ago we locked in a rate of 5.875%.
if you look at the rates now, they are in the low 4's,
and this could definitely make our monthly payment lower.
score. plus, i have an 'in' at the bank so a lot of the normal fees are waved.
we like that.
ronnie and i went back and forth this year about whether or not to sell.
i decided that since we didn't know what or where my new job would be, we should wait.
now that we know, i think that it would be stupid to move.
i live 2 seconds from work.
i get to come home everyday for lunch.
i don't want to lose that.
plus, half my argument for taking this job was the gas money we would save.
(ps - i've only gotten gas once in january.)
if we started looking at locations out in the country,
i would go back to have a commute in the morning.
so even though our dream is to live in the country.
it will have to wait.
probably another 5 years.
i don't know what i'll do now that the updates to our house are almost complete.
maybe i should start looking into new hobbies...