Monday, January 11, 2016

the unwanted houseguest

reid was the worst houseguest of all time.
ronnie went out of town over the weekend so
i decided to head down to my parent's house saturday
afternoon and spend the night with them.
it's nice to have an extra set of hands,
especially at bedtime.
reid went to sleep in her pack-n-play pretty normal.
but she woke up around 10 and
never fully went back to sleep.
i'm used to her sleeping 9 hours,
not 9 minutes.
i blame her teeth.
not that she has any,
but i think they're on their way.
it was so exhausting and frustrating
and i felt bad because my parents could hear her,
so they were awake all night too.
the. worst.
my memory is hazy, but
i know i was still up at 4:30 so i finally brought
her and her boppy lounger in my room and
she slept an hour and half.
and THAT felt successful.
the worst part is, i still had to be functional
the next day because brette wants to do crazy stuff
like eat and talk.
i know my parents were super tired too and my mom had
a headache from lack of sleep but they helped out so
much so i could be a half-ass mom for the day.
if your kid is going to be completely miserable,
they should at least have the decency to do it in
the privacy of their own home.
geez, reid, way to go.
 
last night was a bit better...
she was up at 9, 11, 12, 12:30, 5 and 6:30.
and as i type this she's been up since 8 and it's
going on 9pm.
go. the. F. to. sleep.
someone remind me to buy a powerball ticket.
i need to hire a nanny during the teething months.
 
 
(this is me and reid that next morning at my parent's
while brette watched monster's inc in her undies.)






No comments:

Post a Comment