Wednesday, February 19, 2014

day break

on sunday i made my way to st. louis
but just for the day.
i thought it would be cruel to make brette
ride in a car for 6 hours so i left her with ronnie.
it was our first day apart.
and ronnie's first full day of dad duty. 
i actually wasn't that nervous.
ronnie can feed her and put her down for nap.
what more does she really need?
i left at 6:30am and got home at 6:30pm.
twelve hours.
and it was really really nice.
i got to spend the morning with marge and her boys
and then i spent the afternoon with my sorority sisters
celebrating another one of us joining the mom club.
(congratulations, com buddy!
can't wait to meet your new little man.
 and ps- the baby shower was immaculate.
like seriously, out of a magazine.)
 
i will admit,
i was a bit anxious that last hour in the car.
i was just really ready to hold my baby.
which was also nice.
normally i'm ready for ronnie to take her
and give me a break.
it was actually a great feeling to miss her.
i never get to.
i guess that just means i love my girl.
and can you blame me?
just look at this face.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
ps- ronnie sent me pictures through the day,
which i loved.
he also had his family over for lunch,
so he also had a super duper back-up helper.
his sister.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment